We have strengthened our team with 1,500 people this Black Friday

10 February, 2020

Logisfashion, a multinational logistics operator specialised in the fashion and e-commerce sector, increases its workforce by 1,500 people in order to successfully take on one of the most important sales periods of the year, Black Friday.

Planning, organising and training are essential to the Black Friday campaign. That is why, during this time of year, 1,500 people are joining our team, since we manage and release 1,350,000 units in 500,000 orders, which is equal to sales carried out in any 30-day period.

For Logisfashion, during the month of Black Friday, e-commerce makes up 60% of the sales, while store supplies make up the other 40%. When it comes to e-commerce, Black Friday, which is celebrated this year on 29 November, means we are managing and outputting 1,350,000 units in 500,000 orders, which is equivalent to sales made in any 30-day period. 

In the first two hours of this day alone, we received 40% of the orders, with an average of 2.4 units per order in the fashion category and 4.6 in the home category. Customers who buy online mainly value speed of payment and flexible and immediate delivery, therefore planning is crucial to be implemented correctly.

“Black Friday is a challenge for any logistics company. The customer places an order and wants to receive it at home, at the best time for them and without any delays. It is already typical to make Madrid-Barcelona deliveries within the same day. Our mission is to be prepared to meet those needs, because in doing so we offer the best possible service to our customer”, says Juan Manzanedo, Logisfashion CEO.

For Logisfashion, it is important to make a good assessment of the resources needed, both in terms of staff, shifts, inputs and the adaptation of order flows, in order to absorb a higher volume per hour. Flexibility, scalability and technological integration are key to adapting Logisfashion to an increasingly demanding and changing market. 

About Logisfashion

Logisfashion is a multinational logistics operator specialised in the fashion and lifestyle industry, founded in 1996 to offer logistics solutions for fashion brands. 

At present, it has a surface area measuring more than 362,000 m2, spread out over 23 logistics centres distributed throughout Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company, which had a turnover of 36,500,000 euros in 2018 and employs more than 1,200 professionals, is expecting to reach 50 million euros in turnover in 2019.

 

Logisfashion equipo